Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

powermax questions

rokon2813

I know price depends a lot on location, how bad you want it etc. but could you guys give me a ballpark figure at auction and knowing very little about them. I doubt they currently run but might not be much wrong with them And, was the 5020 the 20 hp Onan or could they be diesel or something else Also, what year might they possibly be? 2 ALLIS CHALMERS 5020's, s/n1395, 3 point hitch, model 430 front loader, mower deck, 1050 hours and s/n 2621, 3 point hitch, 668 hours Allis Chalmers model 63, 3 point hitch finish mower

And would this hoe fit, (or is it already attached maybe) you can just see an orange fender in the corner

Its a farm auction and there is an unbeleiveable amount of "stuff" I think I am as much interested in other "stuff" buried in the mess that they didn't list because they didnt know what it was ;)

Dan those are not the power max's, they are the larger diesel tractors or the next group after the powermax's. They came in 15hp 20hp and 25hp tractors They use the same mower deck but it runs backwords to the powermax. The 3 point hitch is a cat 1 that is bigger, and 540 pto. I think they came out in '83 but not sure.

My dad has two 5020's. Toyosha 2-cylinder diesel, 23 or so horsepower. His are both 4-wheel drive, loader on one. These are quite a bit bigger than the 720's. As is frequently mentioned on this site, they are worth what someone will pay for them. It would be neat to have that mower for it! Good luck! Dave

Well, that explains why none of the model numbers sounded vaguely familiar to me. Still might be interested but now for different reasons.

Hi. Levi is right. The models were 5015, 5020, and 5030 and they are compact farm/utility tractors. The Allis Chalmers dealer I worked for sold quite a few of them over the years and my neighbor still has two. They are tough, reliable, and powerful for their size. The Woods backhoe may mount, but was probably intended for a larger tractor. For lawn use, a 720 is lower and a lot more practical because of the hydro. For just about everything else, a 5020 is a real workhorse. Also, the 5020 engine is nowhere near the pain in the butt that the 720's onan is.

Dan, they're made by Hinomoto. Here's some cross-reference info that may help: http://www.simpletractors.com/X-reference/s_ac_pg16.htm It looks like that backhoe is already attached to one. They're big enough to handle a 6' or 6.5' backhoe.

Thanks guys that is a lot of help. Being an auction who knows what they might bring. If they are cheap enough I might bring one home but I doubt it. A little bigger than what I need though I would have a lot of fun with one

dOdDan, I've seen the 5020's for sale on the web (not ebay ) for sale in the $3500 to $5500 range depending on condition and attachments. Our local dealer had one to cut the grass from 1985 til he shut down in 2008. Never spent anything on it beyond belts,blades,rad hoses and oil changes. Went in his auction for $4000 with deck. B10Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Dan that is the fraternal twin to my D/A 5215 that you saw when you were here. I believe I have the service manual for the 5015. Lemme know if you get it