Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
ac.d17iv

AC 712H 42inch deck

ac.d17iv
The deck on my 712 has been worn thin and patched on the right side (opposite of discharge). I'd like to restore the deck, but want it to look original. How much should I expect to pay for a used shell? I also saw that you can buy new from Simplicity still, but they are pricey. Thanks.

Burntime
If someone knows what they have I do not see 150 being out of line for a good 42 inch deck. And that would be quick sale. I know the 48 shell only is thinner then the older stuff and they are something like 350 shell only...

ac.d17iv
On the web, I found a new shell for $375. Not as bad as I thought, but still pricey compared to finding a good used one. I found a complete deck for $50 not far from me. Sounds like it came off an early 716 and it is white. Not sure of the condition yet. If it is OK, it can always be painted orange ;-).