Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

24/26x12-12 tires

TimJr

With all the discussion about putting 24 or 26x12-12 tires on the garden tractors lately, I looked into it myself. Try your local Kubota dealer. Look at the BX series tractors - they have 24 or 26x12-12's depending on the model. Turf or Ag - and the wheel and tire sell for about $100 to $120 each. Wheel and tire. The centers would need to be moved in the wheel - too deep of backspacing for our tractors though. That's a really good price, considering most tires will cost you that much each, let alone getting a wheel widened or another wheel. Don't worry - they are likely Titan wheels made in the USA - Kubota uses US sourced wheels and tires - have for many years. Tim

Good info, Tim! Do they offer R1 lug tires too, or just the R4 industrials? In the not too distant future, I'll need four for my Power Trac, and the offset isn't an issue.

I got some good parts and prices at Pipersville Garden center, who handles both Simplicity and Kabota. "A see of orange". The counter man said they have several members of the club as customers.

I don't think there are any Ag tires for them, just the turf and R4, which isn't as much of an industrial tread as bigger ones - they are more like a modified ag, I guess. There used to be actual ag tread tires for the older BX's - there may still be some floating around at dealers if they can't still be ordered as a wholegood from Kubota. And, if a dealer has them sitting around as a take-off, might be able to swing an even better deal. Tim