Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good Salvage Yards???

LesH

Does anyone have a listing or suggestions for any garden tractor type salvage yards in the Midwest?? Some I have heard used to just "turn you loose" and let you pull your own parts. I know there is Ray's in Boyerstown, PA. Thanks.

If your looking for Wheel Horse parts I found a huge place in Danville or Tilton IL. Old Wheel Horse is all he carries. When I was there last he had 2 or 3 old Simplicity's but over 200 WH models. Like 75 motors in one big barn. Some accessories.

I walked thru "The Trading Dutchman", Martin Lesher's yard last week. He has over 100 various GT's, and double that in full sized old iron and implements. He has quite a bit of David Bradley and Cub Cadets around. Some Simplicity and A.C. The only B series A.C. I seen was a B-110, and it was his own personal GT that someone stripped the engine and a few other prime parts from. He's between Bellevue & Battle Creek. He told me everything's going to be auctioned off next year.

There's a yard on SR5, between South Whitley, and Larwill IN. Lots of tractors, owner is kinda hard to get hold of.

Hey Goat, or anyone else from that area Isnt there a yard somewhere on 6 East of Nappanee? Maybe the Ligonier or Butler area? Its been 8 or 10 years since I drove that way but I seem to remember its on the North east corner of an intersection. Maybe just a large tractor parts yard?

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Hey Goat, or anyone else from that area Isnt there a yard somewhere on 6 East of Nappanee? Maybe the Ligonier or Butler area? Its been 8 or 10 years since I drove that way but I seem to remember its on the North east corner of an intersection. Maybe just a large tractor parts yard?
Here you go. It is 99% farm tractor. Once in awhile you see a garden tractor. http://www.mcgrewtractorparts.com/

LOL I reeeally didnt expect an answer that quick but that is the place. Thanks Ray Guess my old CRS isnt quite as bad as I thought :O