Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Burntime

MowerMechanic

Here are the pictures you asked for. I did not mount these on widened wheel's. These are the stock 10.5" wide wheel's. The tires are indeed 26x12-12. It was a tight squeeze. It took me about 2 hours per tires to mount useing the old hammer and crowbar technique. It also took about 90 PSI to set the bead in place :O. The tires barley clear the seat pan "about a 1/2" also for you other 6200 & 6500 series guys you may want to reverse the ummm... hub thingy, part that the wheel bolts to and keys to the axle. Usually the 3 inches would stick out of the wheel on the outside. The tires being on smaller wheels stick out farther from the wheel and would probably rub the frame. I also replaced the spacers on the axle shaft with 5 lbs weights. Pulling reasons. I use these tires for every job i have, well except mowing. The tires combined with the welded transaxle make it unstoppable. Although i did run these before welding the rear end and they still out performed any tire i have ever run in snow or mud. ENJOY :)

Now I am drooling!!! Nice setup. Looks really nice! Wondering how they will look with a 12 inch wide rim...another 3/4 of an inch should really square them off!

I have a set of them 26x12x12 on the wider rims that I am going to be putting on a Big Ten I will get some pics of it posted soon as I get them on this weekend

Mike, Here are some pictures of tires on wide wheels. The first picture is 23x10.5x12 tires on 10.5 inch wide wheels. These are now on my 61 Wards.
[img]/club2/attach/HubbardRA/Lugs.jpg[/img]
The next tires are the 26x12x12 turf tires on my 713S that are mounted on 12 inch wide wheels.

This last pictures shows a set of 26x12x12 tires on 11.5 inch wide wheels. These are on a pulling tractor that I had many years ago. The wheels and tires are now in my garage and not currently mounted on a tractor.

Rod, the 26 12 12 I have are a 10.5 tread width. I am afraid they will look odd with a full 12" rim. Should I have some 10.5 made or do you think the 12 wide will be fine? PS, I like the fender extensions. What did you make them out of? PSS, I like the extended rims. Makes sense the way you said to do it!

Mike, They should do fine on 10.5 wide rims. Just remember that the size of a tire is the maximum width of the tire where the sidewalls bulge, not the tread width. I have always heard the flattest tread and best traction came from a wheel equal to or up to 1 inch wider than the tread of the tire. I made the 10.5 wide wheels and the 11.5 wide wheels. I traded for the 12 inch wide wheels with a set of Firestone AGs mounted on them 20 years ago. Tires rotted so I put the turfs on the wheels. The fender extensions were made from a piece of rubber material made to run computer cables across a floor where people would be walking. I split it down the middle and used half to make each flare. It was going to be thrown away at work years ago. Don't have any more or even know where to buy it now. By the way, the little tyke on the trailer in the last picture is my son Randy. He just turned 22 a couple weeks ago. Been a long time since I was having fun with that tractor.

Don, That is a 550cc Suzuki engine. The firing order of that engine is such that the header can be turned upside down with no problems. I later had a 750cc 16 valve Suzuki engine on the tractor, but on that one I ran four individual shorty pipes. I really enjoyed turning that tractor loose and heading down the track with the engine screaming at about 11,000 rpm. Quite a handful to control, since that engine put out around 60 Hp. It was so loud that I wore earplugs inside my helmet. It got me the VA state championship in 1100 lb modified class in 1990. Those were the days.

Our pulling classes are different up here. We are only allowed to run stock engines but they can be modified. We are a real low budget club. I would low to put a decent power engine in one of these machines but i would never be able to pull it locally.