Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What are these for? rbt

ezliving4ume

I have them on mine too. Have owned mine since 1987 and been waiting for someone like you to ask the question on this forum so I could find out. 8)

That's the nobhobler attachment pin. Its used for the diffusion reactor that was available as a option at the time for electrical generation. It has been discontinued due to problems with waste disposal. If it's not that then I have no idea---sorry.^

I sold a snow cab off of a 5216 and assumed they were mounting brackets and they went with it. I never mounted the cab so I can not confirm this theory.

It's the bumper that hits the belt guards if you go over a hump. Suppose to stop the belt angle from being too adverse causing chafing and cutting at the edges of the belt. I've seen some that have actually bent the running boards. Mel

I'm voting, as both the 5212.5 and 6216 I have, use these for deck stops, and limit angle. Have no other thoughts for use but this. I believe the cab mounts on the top of the running boards, per instruction photos I have. Great question.

quote:
Originally posted by CDeHeer
I sold a snow cab off of a 5216 and assumed they were mounting brackets and they went with it. I never mounted the cab so I can not confirm this theory.
I was thinking the same thing. To my knowledge there has never been a snow cab on this tractor. Weird, seems like they would have needed those brackets if they sold the cab.

quote:
Originally posted by Mel_W
It's the bumper that hits the belt guards if you go over a hump. Suppose to stop the belt angle from being too adverse causing chafing and cutting at the edges of the belt. I've seen some that have actually bent the running boards. Mel
Mel, What? These angles clips are clear on the outside of the running boards, hum.... I don't know how they would help the drive belts? You see what has happened now, I was installing that electric lift I got from you and now have fewer answers than question,:O Rich

I suggest you take them off, put them aside and forget where you put them. Then the answer will come to you at them moment you need them. :D