Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord Progress

grnlark

As some of you know I took my 2010 apart during the winter to replace a well worn out BGB and install my hydrolift at the same time. What was supposed to be a week long project turned into several months. I got a little carried away. :D I can't wait to get the big AG's back on tomorrow with the freshly powder coated rims.

Grnlark, That looks great! Did you paint that with a spray gun or rattle can? Where did you get the paint? -Mike the Plumber

Thanks for the compliments guys. Yeah, this machine has never seen any actual work since I've owned it, but theres no question it's earned it's keep in the past. I have another 2010 I use to mow occasionally with, but that's a real nice original so I kind of preserve that one too. :D Mike, believe it or not, everything there is done with a rattle can. I'm going to repaint the seat pan and fenders with a gun though. The key was the prep. I sandblasted pretty much everything I could. I have a good sized cabinet here at the house. Then I hit everything with Dupli-Color self etching primer to start. The orange parts are Dupli-Color DE1607, the black parts are Dupli-Color gloss black and the silver/grey parts are Eastwood Detail Grey. I love the Detail Grey. It's such a nice silver without being blingy. I started using that stuff many years ago on car restos.

That's one GREAT job. Too bad your so far away Matt, could drop off one on mine to continue to "practice" on. LOL Really well done.

• 2 weeks later...
That Orange seem to hold up pretty well...even if it was to be a work machine? ^ Does anyone know the AC Yellow Duplicolor code? Thought I saw it somewhere, but can no longer find it when searching.

I like the hitch is that something you made or did it come with it. Great job on the tractor so far

quote:
Originally posted by toad270
I like the hitch is that something you made or did it come with it. Great job on the tractor so far
I'm curious too...I have one that looks like that, but have no idea where it came from. Mine has a left and right hand static bar on each side, and no lift rod. I was thinking of converting it, similar to yours. Everything lines right on with the rear hitch frame bolt holes on my tractors...can't tell if it's something homemade or oem.

I made the hitch a while back and illustrated the process in the below thread. The design changed a little along the way, but the thread illustrates the various changes. The funny thing is to see what the Landlord looked like back then vs. how far it's come today... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=104731&SearchTerms=tiller,hitch

• 5 months later...
It's been a little while since I've made any further progress on the Landlord and as a result of sitting, the carb got all cr@pped up. So, I finally got the majority of the tractor back together and got it running once again too. It was the first time I've seen the new hydro in action and the first time (ever) this tractor has had a silent BGB - one that didn't sound like it had bolts rolling around inside. :D I still have a decent amout stuff left to redo like the foot rests, seat pan, fenders, side panels etc, but at least its somewhat back in one piece. video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1fo8ROlfYw