Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Look What Followed ME Home!!

timflury

Well, it looks like I'll be cutting grass with the Serf out at our seasonal campsite this summer!!

It's a 30' Heartland Trail Runner. I can sleep 10 and there is a slide out section that contains the dinette and futon.

Nice looking set updOdhave FUN!! Is it brand new or just new to you? Nice looking truck too, cool rims8D what year? We have a 2007 4x4 almost 100k miles alreadywah. Oh and you might want to watch that "sleeps 10" phrase, someone may end up in the truck overnight;) Greg

Nice, should be real comfortable..dOd Back in the early 80's we lived in a 32" Prowler for close to 4 years while I was pushing a crew for Bechtel in S Jersey.

Where is your seasonal site? Here in Minnesota they rent for around 2k a season with some including hook ups others have metered their electric. Most are located on lakes. Not a bad or expensive want to way to spend a summer. You will be real comfortable in that new rig.^ Dan

Greg, It's an early 2011 model. Mfg. date is 6/10. My truck is an '05 Silverado SS. We can sleep 10 in the camper. Two in the queen bed, two on the futon, two on the kitchen dinette, three on the bunks in the rear, and one on the mini dinette under one of the upper bunks. Dan, http://barkrivercampgrounds.com/ We are on spot #17 in the campground. We have an electric meter on the site, so we'll have that added to our residential bill. We do not have sewer, but we do have a holding tank on our particular site for grey water. The campground has one free black water pump-out a week, any more than that cost a $5. I'm told that we are at the least expensive campground in the state. That being said, we might only take the one year lease and find a different site next year. At some campgrounds around SE Wi., you would purchase the land and pay property tax along with a "Campground membership fee". Some of the "Hidden" fees is where they get you in the pocketbook. This is a ton cheaper than owning a cottage on a lake somewhere up north. We already have reservations at a campground for Memorial Day weekend, and the NASCAR weekend at Elkhart Lake.

Tim, that site is a steal at those prices!! At our first resort, here in Minnesota, we charged $1200 for a season that ran from May through September. Then we added on a "storage fee" for the winter that was only $25 a month. We did provide a full hook up with electric, water and sewer. We sold that resort in 04. I know the prices have gone up in the last 7 years. We thought we were getting easy money! All we had to do was mow grass and empty the trash! We don't have any camping at our "new" resort here in Park Rapids:(

So now that you got that fancy new camper,does that mean we won't see you at the tractor shows this year?

I'll still be at the shows Todd, but instead of going home for the overnight, I'll be out to the site.:D:D

HaHa Erik, We'll have a dump cart full of ice and frosty pops. My wife wants to get a golf cart, but I told her we would use the tractor, sulky, and dump cart until we get one.

Hey if you are at your camp ground the august 13 and 14 come on up to Chilton and visit.If you want there is free camping with electric there. I am the guy with the shingle mill.

Hmmmm, the Chilton show. I think I see a road trip in my future. No camper though Bob. The long distance shows I make are a one day stop.