Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
larry8200

Grading with 46" dozer blade om Big 10

larry8200
I have never been able to do much scraping with these blades straight, it just digs in, the wheels spin and makes a mess. But when angled they will scrape a lot, and when they are angled all the way the front to back distance helps keep it level. This took an hour and a half, hydrolift would have been nice...

rokon2813
once I get it close with a front blade, I lock the blade down for a little down pressure and back up. It wont scrape much but will fill in all the little dips and divots. Nice job

larry8200
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
That's a darn good job with a front blade, now you need a center grader blade to fine finish it.
Actually, although a grader blade is on my wish list, I have a 5 position Bolens snow plow converted to Simplicity hitch I'm thinking of converting. But what I think I really want is a york rake. My dealer has one with a pin hitch for only $700... I'm finally getting the hang of the front blade. I've always had a 42" RBT blade that I've made SERIOUS mess's with.

MPH
Not sure what you mean by a pin hitch Larry but to get something level with a York Rake it really needs to have the long frame. Mine was a 3 pt hitch model I modified to use on the B-112 at first, what a left arm killer, now it's used on the 4040, with tires mounted behind it, but even in float position on the 3 point it digs in or floats over stuff with the rise and fall of the front of the tractor.

larry8200
These hitch like a trailer and have wheels and a crank to adjust height. Only for finnishing and raking out the larger stones out of the the gravel. I wouldn't try to level with it.

Sign in to follow this