Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grading with 46" dozer blade om Big 10

larry8200

I have never been able to do much scraping with these blades straight, it just digs in, the wheels spin and makes a mess. But when angled they will scrape a lot, and when they are angled all the way the front to back distance helps keep it level. This took an hour and a half, hydrolift would have been nice...

yes you need a grader and hydro lift;). i run both my grader blade and a front blade at the same time. staggered at the hitch pin hookups. RH lift for grader and hydro lift for front plow.

Pretty good job for a front blade. I never got the hang of it. A grader blade is more my style, drive around enough and it will be level..:D

once I get it close with a front blade, I lock the blade down for a little down pressure and back up. It wont scrape much but will fill in all the little dips and divots. Nice job

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
That's a darn good job with a front blade, now you need a center grader blade to fine finish it.
Actually, although a grader blade is on my wish list, I have a 5 position Bolens snow plow converted to Simplicity hitch I'm thinking of converting. But what I think I really want is a york rake. My dealer has one with a pin hitch for only $700... I'm finally getting the hang of the front blade. I've always had a 42" RBT blade that I've made SERIOUS mess's with.

Not sure what you mean by a pin hitch Larry but to get something level with a York Rake it really needs to have the long frame. Mine was a 3 pt hitch model I modified to use on the B-112 at first, what a left arm killer, now it's used on the 4040, with tires mounted behind it, but even in float position on the 3 point it digs in or floats over stuff with the rise and fall of the front of the tractor.

These hitch like a trailer and have wheels and a crank to adjust height. Only for finnishing and raking out the larger stones out of the the gravel. I wouldn't try to level with it.

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
Looks good larry Did you get a truck now?
http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=116061