Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
osenga

BGB question

sovereign72
Are you talking in terms of rotation? Say how many degrees of rotation of the input shaft before the output shaft is engaged? if so as little as possible maybe 5 degrees or less. Im not quoting any book, just a general feel tecnique. the input shaft shouldnt have very much play in and out either maybe .005 is just a round a bout guess.

sovereign72
That sounds ok to me. thats about how the BGB on my 3410 feels while the one on my 3415 is as loose as a goose both rotating and end play but you know what they both keep getting the job done.

RayS
I have rebuilt several with all new shafts and bearings. a 1/32" to 1/16" play is normal in backlash (back and forth movement). You can get pretty much of it out with the shims on the lateral movement. If you have a 1/8 inch. I would install that is not that bad at all for a used gear box.