Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Tractorkid16

Vickers Hydro Surging

Tractorkid16
Yup. I have it all working now and i replaced the fluid and o rings and the whole 9 yards. It will surge everyonce in a while though. I am thinking i will need to replace the hoses. Or at least a few of them.

JimDk
Loose bolts at the BGB will cause surging. 4 bolts on my HB212 were loose where the frame bolts to the front of the BGB. If you had the Vickers out, I'm assuming all the side plate bolts are tight.

JimDk
Sorry, it's the smaller front transmission the hooks to the engine by the driveshaft. There are two bevel gears inside that change the direction of the drive 90deg. That's why it is called the "Bevel Gear Box", and shortened to BGB for discussion purposes. There are 4 bolts that fasten the rear frame bulkhead to this gear box. You can tell if they are loose by placing a jack in the center of the tractor and taking a little upward strain. Watch the joint area closely for movement. It may not be much, but any movement is not good. Good luck, Jim