Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MikethePlumber

First Big Ten fluid change....

MikethePlumber
Going to do some maintenance on the new to me Big Ten, and have a few questions. Is there supposed to be and o-ring or gasket on the oil fill cap on the engine? The bevel gear box is 90 weight oil I believe, but how about the transmission/ rear end. I tried to find the information but seemed to have missed it. I think there is ATF in the trans/rear right now as it has a case of "the drip". Not sure if ATF is right or should it be 90 weight also? thanks, Mike the Plumber

MikethePlumber
When I refer to the trans/rear combo, is there a name for it (manufacturers name) to use when I refer to it? Also, there are 3 1/2" plugs on it. Bottom one would be the drain, top one would be the fill, and the one about 2/3's of the way down is for ??? checking the level in the rear?? Lastly, where are you guys buying the correct gas caps with gauge for these tractors? -Mike

Mack
Mike, check the link for the Simplicity equivalent to the big ten owners manual. Answers the lube questions in the first few pages. As far as the gas cap, try one of the sponsors on the home page.I'm sure they can fix you right up. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8cuI0rE3CG.5kbp796Dq

MikethePlumber
Mack, thanks for the link. That answered alot of questions about the fluids for sure. My tractor included 2 buckets of parts with 2 mid PTOs in the buckets. That information should help me to get the PTO mounted and adjusted correctly. -Mike