Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Snowblower on Homelite T-10

rfsmith1952

Finally got the snowblower on the Homelite T-10, poor timing, but never the less, it was a challenge and fun. Thanks to all who provided either parts or guidance. The front PTO came from HVACRAT, the hitch came from RayS. Ray also found a blower about an hour from me here in central PA. I was getting ready to make an overniter to Massachusetts to pick up the blower head. Ray also found me a brand new belt at about half off. The only serious issue was the activator rod, which I had to make out of two other rods. But that works well. I used the lift rod from the plow, which also fits almost perfectly. The other issue is the color clash. Even the little camera had trouble handling those two colors on the same image. Ugly is okay with me though! Maybe I'll paint the blower blue and white, or just black. Total investment was $350, and a bunch of hours. But I have the hitch that came with the blower for sale and I believe the lift handle could go too. I'll hold those items till fall, unless anyone wants them now. Well, I guess I'll bury the blower till next winter, time now for the cart, rake, and spreader. (And maybe a little play time on the comatose and locked up Allis T-12) Thanks again. Don't let anyone say it's not worth the club dues to join.

Maybe your ahead for this (2011) winter. I had a simplicity on a AC B110 for two years before I sand blasted it and painted it, It beats shoveling it.. It makes for a good pair. Good Luck..