Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
jcash

Hydraulic lines

jcash
Finally located a hydraulic lift for my b-210 (bought a 3012 parts tractor) I would like to replace the hydraulic lines before I put the tractor back together....... lines are listed as NLA by Simplicity.... help me out forum where can I find new lines or who on here makes them......

HubbardRA
Go to a hydraulic shop. They can make them up for you. One of our local NAPA stores also makes them. You may have to do some looking, but someone makes lines for tractors and heavy equipment in your area.

Kent
They have to be "custom made" with the correct curved metal fittings on the ends -- those fittings are what makes them so expensive compared to generic hoses of the same length. The slim metal fittings, bent to the proper angles are necessary especially on the ends that attach to the hydraulic cylinder. There's not much room in that tunnel that's shared with the driveshaft, rear lift rod, gearshift linkage, clutch/brake linkage, and perhaps a variable or hydro control also... This pic from my variable to hydro conversion shows how "crowded" it is in there: [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/var_hydro/full_tunnel_top.jpg[/img] http://simpletractors.com/do_it/variable_to_hydro.htm

John_RI
I've had them done at a local farm equipment dealer. You should bring in the old ones and make sure lengths, angles are correct. Especially the rotation of fittings from one end to the other. These small hoses aren't long enough to allow much rotation - the fittings have to be oriented properly on each end of the in order to fit properly.

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Right, but those are included in a Napa hose-build?
They should be. If not, they won't work. As recommended above, take in your old ones and have them make new ones that closely match -- length, angle of the metal fittings, and where those fittings are in relation to the fitting on the other end of the hose.