Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Tractorkid16

Locking Tractor Tires

Tractorkid16
How do you lock the wheels on a simplicity 3314 H. It has a vickers Hydro as i said before and i am pretty sure that i can do something with the disk on the right side of the axle to lock it. Either let me know how to lock it or tell me that it doesn't lock. Thanks

MikeES
The 3314H probably has the cast iron right side hub with the adjustable nylon screws in the hub. You can tighten these down for more limited slip, but they will not lock the differential. The easiest way to lock up the rear axle is to dissassemble the differential and put it back together wrong.

rokon2813
Yes, there will be 2 bolts,screws. something sticking out at an angle from the center of the hub outside the wheel. I think proper torque is 25 foot pounds. The tighter these are the less it will slip.