Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Locking Tractor Tires

Tractorkid16

How do you lock the wheels on a simplicity 3314 H. It has a vickers Hydro as i said before and i am pretty sure that i can do something with the disk on the right side of the axle to lock it. Either let me know how to lock it or tell me that it doesn't lock. Thanks

Someone I know has a 920 diesel, and he drilled holes through the axle and put bolts through it. I'm not sure how a 3314 looks compared to a 920, may even be the same tranny., or it may not.

The 3314H probably has the cast iron right side hub with the adjustable nylon screws in the hub. You can tighten these down for more limited slip, but they will not lock the differential. The easiest way to lock up the rear axle is to dissassemble the differential and put it back together wrong.

Yes, there will be 2 bolts,screws. something sticking out at an angle from the center of the hub outside the wheel. I think proper torque is 25 foot pounds. The tighter these are the less it will slip.

Ok. I belive that i know what your talking about so i will go and take a look at it later or this week sometime. Thanks.