Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
ZippoVarga

Quick question about drive pulley

ZippoVarga
Yeah, yeah......I know......Why is Zippo asking a question with his vast knowledge of these machines?????????? lol Simply put......I've got a buddy wanting to put an 8" drive pulley on his B-12 and he wants to know the belt length. Aside from taking the tractor to a tractor supply or the like and doing the old tried and true hit and miss on belt lengths until he gets it right, I thought I would check here and see if anyone has done this and knows the belt length. I know it's a HB width belt (5/8"), so we just need the length. Any help will be passed on and greatly appreciated!!!! Cheers!! p.s. I only pretend to know a lot about these machines :D:p

rokon2813
Never done it with an 8" but with a 6 the length is 42.3 and with a 10 it is 48.9. I may be wrong but I think since the pulley diameter is half way in between, the belt length would be too. I'd go with 45.6 :O

grnlark
quote:
Originally posted by RayS
The belt part number is 2152017 and is 44.9" or 45". http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8cuG4rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq
I love this guy! :D Every time you post a question, not only do you get the answer you're looking for, but you always get the part number as well! dOd