Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord 101

fomoco390

Can anyone tell me about the grille emblem on the Landlord 101's (1965)? Is it a plastic emblem or just some sort of decal or paint? I would really like to complete my tractor with the correct part. Thanks! James

James, I recently restored a 65 Landlord. Fortunately my grille emblem was in pretty good shape. Like Banjo said, it is steel, about 1/16" thick cut into an oval with bolts brazed or welded onto the back and slightly bent to the contour of the grille. The graphics themselves appear to be a white oval with the orange "S" stuck in the center out of adhesive backed vinyl. It bolts through the expanded metal grille onto some brackets that attach to the top frame behind the grille. I have a contact for a company that could make the vinyl graphics, or for something that simple, you could probably cut them out with sissors. If you need any measurements or contacts, I would be happy to provide. Jeff Snyder