Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

transmision noise need some help B-210

Brent_Baumer

Brent_Baumer
I ruled out the bearing making noise on my vari drive and feel that the noise is within the transmision. If I run my tractor with the rear tires off the ground and tractor in neutral, the vari drive doesn't make any noises. I can shift it through all ranges and still no noise. If I put the tractor's trans. in gear I get the squealing noise except in reverse. If I shift the vari drive while trans. in gear the faster it goes the louder the squeal from what I believe is the transmision. Has anyone had a similar experience ? How tough is it to pull the transmision apart ? Is it something that can be done by a person who is mechanically inclined but not a tractor mechanic ? The tractor also makes a sound from tranny when in neutral, not running and I push the tractor. The sound sounds like gears making noise, is this normal for a B-210 not running in neutral to make noise when pushed ? Any help and or suggestions are appreciated. Are internal transmision parts still available ? Thanks, Al

Just got my B112 tranny back together. Not what I'd call to complex if you have a little mech. clue, all pretty basic. a pair of quality snape ring tools are very handy. Inside of my 112 tranny was pretty sick lookin so I used mostly a B10 spare I had. I don't THINK the gear noise you hear when pushin is of any concern, the squeal could be the input shaft bearing. with varyable speed I'm guessin its a ball bearing like my 112, but thats purely guessin as I've only seen a B112 and 725 and parts of a B10 and Model W walker..good luck..MPH