Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Three-point hitch capacity

JDreher

John, I would think that it should lift 250#. I have a 60" Landpride with Cat 1 pins replaced with Cat 0 pins. I don't know how much it weighs but my 9020 picks it up just fine. The Powermax may be a little heavier than a Sunstar but it will pick up way more than 250#. If you want to try my blade stop over and try it on your tractor. Powermax_Paul Paul Kjorlie Mt. Horeb - I'm in the book.

Hi: I just bought a 1995 Sunstar with 48" deck, plow and tiller. What a great machine. I want to install a three-point hitch so I can install a rear blade to grade my gravel driveway. Farm and Fleet has a cat1 rear blade that weighs 250 lbs, will the Sunstar cat0 hitch take that much weight? Thanks, John

I called up Simplicity, and they said the cat0 three-point hitch is good for 450 pounds. Very good capacity. John