Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Greenville show

Brent_Baumer

I have now seen a few references to the Greenville show the weekend after the 4th. Do the members who will be attending want to pick a day and approximate time to try to meet? I will probably at least go on Saturday. Don't know about showing anything though. I know agco918 will be there, probably the gearheardts, Jordan Hellwarth? any others? Brent

also the buckeye allis club will be in eaton ohio on the aug.17-19 at the preble county fair grounds .so please try to attend their show also.agco918 chad e shafer

i will be there everyday from the 4th on at sometime or the other.have to work the 4th and 5th but will be there in the evening on the 5th on .agco918.how about meeting at the lawn tractor erea.agco918 would be a good spot to meet at.i will being taking pictures so you you all have tractors coming please let me know ahead of time so we all can be in the same erea .my goal is to have a display of allis chalmers and simplicity tractors and equipment.please if you all have tractors or farm tractors or gas engines bring it to greenville farm power of the past.need to get ahold of peppy dan from maria stein to see what he is bring. agco918 chad e shafer

OK, thanks Jordan, looks kinda like an ole cushman we had on the farm when I was kid, we used it for running the grain elevator, cool ole engine, one of those things I would had bought at the time had I not been in S.E. asisa when dad sold out. never have been able to track it down. MPH

To clear some apparent confusion, this show is in Greenville OHIO. Not far from the Indiana border. West central Ohio. Anyone besides Agco know when they may be there? I cannot go on Sunday as I have to take a steer to the locker (already made the appointment and I'm out of ground beef and steaks, only a few roasts and other parts the wife refuses to eat left so I better keep the appt.). Saturday is the best day for me, but could take Friday off from work to go. Brent

what i would like to do is get as many members together at the show as possible and we could meet at my agco918.another member of the club who works with me will have a 728 simplicity tractor with another of his tractors .we are going to have 2 canipies with our tractors under them .would like to get other members to bring what ever they have of allis or simplicity and we could have a erea of just simplicity and allis chalmers .we are having all makes so bring what ever you want to bring but would like to have our beloved orange and yellow allis chalmers and simplicity .i would like to bring my collection of literature to show plus some other goodies. a member of the club and i are going to try to get a display case some how. would like to chat more on planning this if you all can chat on here tonight at around 7:00 ohio time. agco918 chad e shafer

I would like to be there with my B-112 and possibly a 716H I am looking at.  Doug Hoelscher is a member from New Knoxville. My Great Aunt gave me an old McCormick-Deering 1 1/2 HP hit-and-miss, could bring that to. Chad, isn't there a guy in Delphos that has all the attachments for the B-series? Are you going to the Eaton show? Jordan

Where is the Greenville show? I live in Butler County and would like to attend, would be coming up 79

Hit-and-miss refers to engines that, once started, an engine that fires 1, 2, or 3 times, has very heavy cast iron fly wheels which keeps it spinning, once it falls to a certain RPM the governor kicks in and it will fire 1, 2, or 3 more times and it starts all over again. So, basically, it hits(fires) then misses while the heavy fly wheels keep up the momentum to drive the implements. I believe Allis made some that were like 83 or 88 HP, had 16 ft. fly wheels and weighed over 1 million pounds. If I can find my book I will post more info. Jordan

Just found one, just like mine.[A href='http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/gallery/photo_pic.cgi?pic=http;//www.ytmag.com/gallery/br98_90.jpg&firs']http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/gallery/photo_pic.cgi?pic=http;//www.ytmag.com/gallery/br98_90.jpg&firs[/a]

"What we have here is a failure to communicate" sorry, saw "Cool Hand Luke" the other night. What we need is a Northeast Show.......................

there is no failure to commicate as far as i am concerned.i have now for 2 yrs tried to get people in this erea ohio indiania to have a get together at our show .the location is not going to make every one happy but i am making a very good effort to get something started so us allis chalmers and simplicity owners can meet and show our pride and joy.if someone has a location that you think is better than please speak up.i thought our show would be a good location because we have a lot of members from this erea and i thought it would be nice to have a get tother at our show.sorry if i am stepping out of line everyone. agco918 chad e shafer

Not out of line at all Chad. I'd like to meet more of the group as well. Would any members be offended I a brought a lime green Deutz-allis 916H? My 3416H is down right now w/ starter/generator problems and that pesky Vickers leak has returned as well. Brent

brent: please bring your deutz allis 916 because it would be nice to have that series of tractors in the line up.also bring your tiller that you want to get rid of and maybe you can sell it.chat tonight at 7;00 ohio time.agco918

everyone coming to greenville farm power of the past how about MEETING AT 10:00 OHIO TIME.LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK.WE COULD MEET AT THE LAWN AND GARDEN EREA AT MY AGCO918 .AGCO918 CHAD E SHAFER