Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can't beat a Simplicity

SimpleMan

i agree also.i have ran differiant mowers and i dont think anything compares to my agco918.the anti scalp mower deck is second to none.the tractor rides and runs better than any.i know there is good products in any product line no matter what name or color it is but i have yet to see anything that compares to my agco918.i have had a b-1 and b-10 before i got my new agco918 in 1999 and they mowed as good as anything on the market for being 40 yrs old.old or new it doesnt matter simplicity /allis chalmers has and always will have the best products on the market.agco918 chad e shafer

I know this isn't a 'technical' question...but I had to mention it anyway. You all know that you "can't beat the mower deck on a Simplicity"...I had to prove it to myself. I had the chance to try a friends "Grasshopper" front mount mower, and yes, it is a very nice machine. It's well built, turns on a dime, mows well. But when it comes to mowing quality and capacity...my Sovereign would out mow it hands down. In heavy, 4 inch tall grass the "Grasshopper" has to nearly crawl through in order to get a decent cutting job, whereas on the Simplicity one only needs to slow down a little from normal. Please don't mistake this message. It's not intended to run down any other manufacturers...they all make a decent product in their own right. Rather, take a good look at what you all have...old/new whatever, and appreciate the quality that these products have, and produce. My appologies for babbling...but had to mention it. "Keep it Simple" GordU

Simpleman I have to agree I have a 1953 walker and a model 1408 rider and I wouldn't trade them for the world Ron

Not sure where I saw the add, but there are 9 good mowers made,8 of them are Simplicty, wondering if anyone has tried the 9th???MPH

Simplicity does make a good mower. But the 9th is excellent, especially with onions, carrots, and potatoes.