Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CCKB E-IGNITION

powermax_paul

Paul, did the guy happen to mention cost for the conversion? I have an AC 620 that I'm getting ready to tune-up! Might consider doing the conversion! JimH

I received info today on an electronic ignition conversion that someone has aleady done. This is what he told me: "Paul Look it over I had to alter this unit to put it on my cckb, but it was no big deal. Check with your local dealer to get a copy of instruction sheet C385 for this unit. This unit stops the oil on points problem, and you can set your timing easier with Allen wrench. You never have to set points again. Let me know if I can be of future help, Good Luck. ftpfred Picture Attachments:" These picture will be posted soon. Powermax_Paul http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/images/magna_arc_1.jpg

Here's the other picture Paul sent... Kent http://www.simpletractors.com/clubhouse/images/magna_arc_2.jpg

He did not say what the parts cost, but if it's Onan, it's got to be more than you'd think. Anyway, I'll try to remember to get a price tomorrow. Paul

Paul, I don't see CCKB listed in the application chart ??? Let me know how it works out, if you indeed perform the conversion. Jeff

According to my Onan dealer, it isn't really made for the CCKB but could feasibly be adapted to one. I'm a tightwad, so I don't know if I'll actually spend the $100 or look for a less expensive solution. Paul

The application chart says it will fit all industrial engines built since 1972, my 620's are a 1972, I'm sure the 73 720's had the same CCKB engine, very confusing, also doesn't list the B48G engine in my(oopps) JD 420. The later P220G Onans had ei. I think $100.00 is a little steep for this conversion,when you have two machines, but then Paul has three, WOW, but it would be nice, for sure. Maybe we can find another solution that is not so expensive, Floydster