Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Safety switch?

BradW

Hi, I have a 3415 hydro here and was wondering if there is some way I might be able to temporarly disable the safety switches to determine if that is why my machine will not crank with the key switch. I am having this problem becasue there is a safety switch for the front power take off when there is no lever for the front pto thus I think this is causing it not to crank, thank you for your help in advance,-BradW

Brad, While you know that it will not be a good long-term solution, you should be able to easily jumper out those safety switches. I believe that most of the safety interlocks on the earlier Simplicities work on a make connection when the lever is in the proper position. That means that you should be able to pull the plug off the switch and put a jumper in place to "make" the connection. This should do it. If I am wrong, somebody please step in here... Good luck, Clayton

If the tractor is not equipped with a front PTO, there should be a factory installed jumper in that interlock clip for you to see what we are talking about. Look under the tractor , right side (from seated position) somewher near the hole in the frame on that side, you will see a blue? and a purple wire and a black connector with a short wire jumping across the two contacts. Sam