Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower Deck Leveling ?? on 4211 and 717

mowerman1193

Hi all, I have around a 1984 4211 that was given to me.It runs great and does a good job cutting grass but it seems as though its not cutting high enough.I found on this site the specs. and it says it should cut from 1 1/2-3 1/2 inches.I think I am lucky if its cutting 2 1/2 on the highest setting.My Wheel Horse cuts at 3 1/2 in. and if I go over with the 4211 its about a inch shorter.I have the manual for the Wheel Horse and have checked the deck for level and it is right so I guess the problem is the 4211.Anyone know how to level the deck on the 4211?I am going to order manuals next week for it but would like to get it fixed as I hate mowing with the Wheel Horse. Also I have a 717 Broadmoor and was wondering if anyone knows the cutting hight specs. on it?It is my best cutting tractor but it doesnt cut high enough in the dry season as I am only getting about 2 - 2 1/2 inches with it.Maybe the deck needs leveling also.Any tips? Thanks for your input, mowerman1193

Could be that the rollers at the rear of the deck are worn down, my 6216 is suffering from this problem. On the lowest setting the blades are almost on the ground. One of the dealer members should be able to tell us what the diameter should be.