Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
powermax_paul

Backhoe Fun

powermax_paul
I finally got to play with the backhoe tonite. Debbie wants to convert a lawn area into flower bed so I thought the easiest way to strip the sod was with the backhoe. Yippee! Well, it's a start anyway. Hey, I've got some learning to do, but actually it was a good way to learn the controls. Trying to maintain about a 2" depth was a challenge. It seems to be working well now so my plans are to spend my day off, July 4th, to put final touches on the drawings and put a bill of materials together for everyone that's interested. Powermax_Paul

powermax_paul
It's a six stik system including stabilizers, but anyone who wants to build one can put a joystick control on it for a few more dollars. Paul

powermax_paul
Watch out.....! Once your family, friends, and neighbors find out how easy you can dig, you won't have much time for yourself.

powermax_paul
Well, Dutch, I'm self employed so my time belongs to the general public anyway. (I've gotten the impression that you know how that is.) I might just as well be doing something fun. As long as it stays fun! Paul

dlcentral
Went to a sale 3 wks ago,could've got a new backhoe attach for a Bobcat loader for $275!Coulda made it fit Sov. pretty easilly,Am still P'Oed over that one!lol,