Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3416H Problems backing up.

I have a 3416H that works great, except for backing up. If I'm on level ground or start out on level ground it works ok, but if i try starting out on even the slightest incline it only creeps. I replaced the filter and made sure it was bled out ok, but it didn't help any. Forward has always worked fine. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Adjustment is under seat for that problem.But as you get more rev. speed you'll lose some forward speed.The adj is the long nut with the 2 jam nuts on the speed control rod.Jack both wheels up,make the rod longer by turning the nut for more rev,,

Check for lost motion at the control linkage ball joint. Travel in reverse is very short & slop will rob speed quickly. Bill