Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RodStayner

Poll: Do you think I can get my $$ out of this "no

RodStayner
Since my 1988 Sunstar has been mowing great, I have decided to try to sell my Craftsman garden tractor. It is 2 years old (with 140 hours) and has the 20 HP Kohler and the snowblade, weights, and chains. I am hoping to get around $2000 for it, since I paid about $2700 for everything new. I have a friend who says I'll be lucky to get $1500 for it. If that's the case I might be better of keeping it to plow snow and as a second tractor for when my kids get older and can help mow. If I do sell it, I'll need to find a blade or snowblower for the Sunstar! (I'd prefer a blower since my driveway drifts bad)

JimV
I would keep it as a spare.I remember when I lost the Electric lift on my 310 last winter and didn't have my 710 up yet.I had to shovel alot that winter.I like the idea of a back up.

bobjack
I think your buddy's right. I can't see getting more than $1500 out of it. Look at it this way, tho. Try to get $2000 out of it. If you fail, you keep it. Nothing lost except an ad and maybe a few hours showing it. BE VERY HONEST in the ad, and to any prospective buyers so as not to have tire kickers waste your time and theirs. I agree with JimV also. I want and keep spare mowers. bobjack