Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
RodStayner

Poll: Do you think I can get my $$ out of this "no

RodStayner
Since my 1988 Sunstar has been mowing great, I have decided to try to sell my Craftsman garden tractor. It is 2 years old (with 140 hours) and has the 20 HP Kohler and the snowblade, weights, and chains. I am hoping to get around $2000 for it, since I paid about $2700 for everything new. I have a friend who says I'll be lucky to get $1500 for it. If that's the case I might be better of keeping it to plow snow and as a second tractor for when my kids get older and can help mow. If I do sell it, I'll need to find a blade or snowblower for the Sunstar! (I'd prefer a blower since my driveway drifts bad)

JimV
I would keep it as a spare.I remember when I lost the Electric lift on my 310 last winter and didn't have my 710 up yet.I had to shovel alot that winter.I like the idea of a back up.

bobjack
I think your buddy's right. I can't see getting more than $1500 out of it. Look at it this way, tho. Try to get $2000 out of it. If you fail, you keep it. Nothing lost except an ad and maybe a few hours showing it. BE VERY HONEST in the ad, and to any prospective buyers so as not to have tire kickers waste your time and theirs. I agree with JimV also. I want and keep spare mowers. bobjack