Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My Bucketeer and Mount

Datac

After Smilin' Sam was so kind to send me some copies of the original Bucketeer manual, I decided to put together a single page showing the mount I made for a my Bucketeer. hopefully the Link Below will work.......... http://www.data-cut.com/simp1.htm Chris L[A href='http://www.data-cut.com/simp1.htm']http://www.data-cut.com/simp1.htm[/a]

Chris, I would love to see the 7' wide grader blade you have for the rear. Which is better for landscaping ? the center 42" blade or your custom 7' rear blade ? Thanks Al

Hey Chris, What ever happened to your plan of collecting 3415's? Smaller tractors take up less room!!!!????

Wally........... If I just had the room You have !! Well............ I would then have it made! Collecting? Well, I do still have that "partnered" 3415h my buddy chuck and I bought from you. I need to get at that one real soon. Mine does not want to back up anymore. That, and it seems she's leaking some fluid from every orifice now. These little tractors are a bit addicting. Some of the reason is that you can get them cheap and there is usually little wrong with them ! I did not pay more than $10.00 apiece for any of the little ones shown. I had a forth one but had to use it for parts. The 525's swivel shaft underneath was broke clear off. I think it was "rough-housed" a bit by a crane with a magnet. I was impressed with one of the clubs members picture of his 525 blowing Snow, I am happy I found one. Now if I can just find a snow blower...............

Hey BrownA, I can try to get some pictures of the rear blade. It is nothing overly fancy......... I took an A Frame from a SnowBlade and did a little remodeling. The cutting edge is from a SnowWay Snowplow. I can Un-Pin the edge assembly and re-pin it to my center grader A-Frame so the 7 footer will work under the tractor as well. As far as what works best, You need both in my opinion. The Center Grader lets me do "rolling" or "Cutting", getting dirt/gravel where it should be. The 7' Blade works excellent to really level things out. It hangs out back about 20" or so. The farther the better actually as it will cut more. It is only 4" or so tall so overflow can run over the top. Otherwise you can hook more than you can pull. I do have a problem with getting enough down pressure now that I have a newer tracter with the Cable lift. Boy how I miss my old 725 ! (kindof) When you get real good at knowing where the edges of the blade are you can really "Drive" around objects. The Scarifier becomes real necessary when you have Dirt that is a little wet or Packy. I only have a few teeth, seldom set more than 1/2" in the dirt just to keep things loose. When you drive around and around, The dirt can get real hard without the scarifier. Additionally, the Grader Blade which by the way is not OEM, and the rear blade is excellent for "blending in" new areas to old grass areas. I have had a lot of people develop a little more respect for a little "Garden Tractor" when they see how much work it can do. It just needs the right tools ! Chris L

Chris, Just want to say you did a real nice job on the hitch, and its nice to see another "junkyard scavenger" post the results of their work.

Chris, Nice job on the mount and good to see the compatitions bucket. I really like your side mount front attachment system. Makes sence! To bad you have a bucket allready, I wouldn't of minded doing some trading for some CNC hardware. Looks like you have very nice machines. It would be real handy to have my plasma cutter strapped to one of your machines. If I could get my hands on the extra handle you have been asking about, maybe I would start making those too for the club. John

Chris, If at all possible I would love to see pictures of your blades that you use for landscaping. I intend on using my B-210 for landscape type work and have some ideas of implements I would like to have such as a grader blade. Of course it's easier to see what works than to try an invent it. I like the idea of the 7' blade and would enjoy seeing it. Thanks again, Al