Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NEW Simplicity Sovereign 75th Anniversary

RayS

there's one in my neck of woods for $6500 brand new w/ warranty. Too much for my blood. It do not have pwr steering. There's one on ebay that is a steal at $3k with pwr but way too far for me.

Ray, Thanks for posting the link to this tractor in the eBay forum. It has the best "hi res" pics I've seen of a 75th. They're a great "factory build" reference for me.

i had a chance to buy one that a guy bought new and never started..still was in the crate actually.. he wanted 3500 for it...the only problem was for that much money it would be hard to justify not using it..even with the junk motor..but if u were to get the one with the warranty and the motor went, u would be gettin a brand new command!!!!hmmmmm:D

I had a chance like 5 years ago to buy a new one in a crate and warranty for cheap. I seem to remember 2500-3000. At the time I was just getting into them and did not realize the deal it was. It had the warranty too! O'well, live and learn. I would like to get the chrome tailpipe. Wonder if it would work with a cab on it. Looks cool!

Hope someone saved the pictures, someone flagged the ad and its gone:(! FYI, regular Sovereign from spring 2000 pricing: 18/48 w/PS List: $7425 Sale: $6295 Cost: $5078 18/48 manual Steeting List: $6925 Sale: $5895 Cost: $4736 Not sure what the volume discounts were but I would think no one was moving a lot of Sovereigns at the time. I would guess the 75th models cost much more than that.

interesting. I now have two 75th's one had no # plate, but is/was show room new. Other is like 4XX or something and used a bit (thanks cleanbee). About 4 yrs ago I passed on one that was very low # number single digit if I remember correctly...... but she was rough and $1500. Somebody better buy this one it's a steal with pwr steering just way way to far for me: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-75th-Anniversary-Collectors-Tractor-/230666259525?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

The missing serial number may be due to the fact that the person riding the tractor in the parade put their assigned number on the tractor of their choice (out of 800 or so?). This was done in the parade line. My tractor was sold by the dealership I worked for and I was able to buy it back approx 10 yrs later. Unfortunately it is in only fair condition but I am working on that.

It looks like there were some variations in the production of these tractors. Ray sent me some pics of the "new" tractor and it has a gold Simplicity logo on the rear. My tractor has a silver logo on the rear, definitely original. My tractor is in rough shape, never touched up or repainted.

• 6 months later...
I've got a brand new complete set of the owners manuals available for one of these from when I was a dealer in MN ten years a go. Excellent condition. This must be the place where folks go to look for that! Contact me if interested.

quote:
Originally posted by Duganrox
I've got a brand new complete set of the owners manuals available for one of these from when I was a dealer in MN ten years a go. Excellent condition. This must be the place where folks go to look for that! Contact me if interested.
The best place to sell the manuals would be in the classified section.