Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Today's Trip

HubbardRA

Becky and I made a trip today up into Maryland. I got to meet OrangeMetalGuy - Scott Meyer. We traded some parts and got to talk a few minutes between rain storms. He showed me the two nice RBTs that he already had rebuilt and the beginnings of his third. It was great to get to meet Scott for the first time. He appeared to be a very nice guy and is a definite asset to this club. Wish we would have had more time to talk tractors, but the time always seems to be too short. Hopefully we will meet again some time and get more time to discuss our hobby. Sorry, but I didn't get any pictures.:O I know, I know, I should have gotten pictures.B)

I enjoyed the visit too Rod. Nice to meet you and the Mrs. Again thanks for the trade, glad we could help each other out!

quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
Not taking pics is as bad as not pulling the dip stick.:D:D
No No No....Levi its worse.. Like pulling the dipstick and still neglecting to add the necesary oilsm00 :D

Ok, I will admit it. The camera was in my wife's purse. Reaching into her purse to get the camera without her permission is much worse than not checking the oil. The situation at the time was not good enough for me to ask her to get out and take pictures.:O I think Sam will understand what I mean.:D It is hard to ask for the camera with your foot in your mouth. I'm glad the dog house didn't have a leaky roof when I got home.

?? One of "THOSE" trips. What ever are you talking about. My wife is game for almost any trip to do with my tractor, truck, motorcycle or garden tractor hobbies. Tomorrow we are making a 3 1/2 to 4 hr. trip to the show in Alexander N.Y. In three weeks she is coming with me to Larry's in N.H. and then back to Balston Spa N.Y. to an antique truck show. I know I got a gem when we wed and I appreciate her every day for being so tolerant of my many faults.:) Dave.

It had nothing to do with tractors. She supports me in my tractor collecting. I did/said something that I shouldn't have and she took it totally the wrong way. As I said before "foot in my mouth". Enough said my problem. It is all over now. My reason for posting this topic was to to tell about meeting Scott, not about getting into a disagreement with my wife. I met Scott for the first time. I enjoyed seeing his tractors and talking to him about them. He is a very nice guy. That is the bottom line.