Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fjordman

Trans going downhill toooo fast!!

Fjordman
Deutz-allis 613H has been grumbling most of the summer and the last few days it has not been holding speed going downhill. At first it was annoying, now it's getting too exciting!! Went to local small engine resource for fluid to change transaxel didn't make much difference, sprayed some belt dressing on the drive belt without any change. The belt is snug. This has been a great tractor for years, it owes me nothing, but I would still like to fix it if it is reasonable. Anyone know if there is a way to check the trans or can they be rebuilt within reason? Thanks, Warren

Fjordman
Not really sure what tranmission it has, is there any way to tell, I can post some pictures if it will help, I an still have can make out the model number on the tractor. It will still go uphill pretty well, going on the flat or nearly flat it still goes about 75 to 85 percent as strong as it used to. Up hill it has lost about 40%. Much stronger when it is cold and it looses strength as it heats up. The fins are reasonably clean and the fan seems tight. It does seem to make more noise lately, about 15-20% louder, maybe less.

RayS
$740.62 new at Jacks. Thought that I seen one on eBay. http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchdb2.cfm http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aoO1rE6CGh5kbp796Dq I believe I have the repair manual for this. Send a email in a private message. I think it is a Eaton model 6 / 7 Maybe one of these dealers we have here can verify which model Eaton it is?

Bruker
Here's the text from a post I made about five years ago.>> I have an`89 GTH that uses an Eaton 850 hydro. The problem was that it no longer had any power in the forward position, reverse was fine. I took it into a dealer and the mechanic took it apart and showed me where the cam ring was worn to the point where it allowed a damping piston to bleed oil pressure back into the system. The cost to repair the hydro was going to cost over $1,000 dollars so I elected to try to fix it myself. What I did was to build up the cam ring worn area by making several passes with a mig welder and then grinding it smooth with a Dremel tool. That's been about a year and a half ago and it's still working fine. I no longer have the tractor but it's still chuggin' along.

Fjordman
Thanks for the manual, I'll see if I can post some pix tomorrow. I'd like to fix it if it's not too difficult. It is so easy to use with the selector in between your legs. All three of my kids learned to mow with this machine and it is still their favorite even there are newer and fancier tractors to use.