Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Economy

StanD

The economy must be really bad these days. I posted a couple of tractors lately & have not had as much as a nibble. Best I can come up with is we need a new president. Every time he has his big speech the stock market tanks & the tractor sales tank. StanD

I second that. I have been selling mower tracs for a couple years now and the last one is going on 2 months with only one inquiry. At least people want them fixed;)

Well, I have a Roper in good running and cosmetic shape that isn't even getting attention at $225. Last year I was selling $350 average for the same thing within 24-48 hrs. Yeah its crazy what Deere stuff goes forsm00

lol...i had a nice simplicity sovereign with a hydrolift and 16 horse in it with chains and i tried for a month to sell it for 400bux to no avail....it was too nice to part out but thats what i ended up having to do..it was sad...i had 2 deere 420's and put them on craigs for a ridiculous price at first and sold both of them within 7 to 10 days and had over 100 calls, texts and emails on them...it was crazy...

Time of year has alot to with it,mowing and gardening season is over.I could sell a boat load of 2 stage snowblowers of all brands and Deere front blades also sell extremely well.Although the overall economic climate is taking its toll for sure

I have been trying to sell my Gravely 12g on CL for about 3 weeks. I got one inquiry about the snow blade only and one inquiry about a purchase. The buyer wanted to send me a bank check for the amount and ship it to New Mexico. The ad clearly stated Cash Only You Haul. I replied to the gentleman as follows "Cash Only You Haul.... Are you a JACKASS?" :D He never wrote me back...I don't know why????;) jh

me also. I sold 4 tractors and several attachments in 2 months early this spring and got good dollars. Now have had some listed for months no bites. Not a good time of year. Example tillers can bring $425+ in spring and now lucky if I could get $200. I will wait it out.

I look at it this way: Do what you would as if you were buying and selling stocks in the stock market. Now is the time to BUY your orange and yellow tractors and accessories. Part them out if need be. But the rule is, and always has been, buy cheap, sell high. If you can find and buy our tractors cheap, and you got the $$$ to pay for it, do it. Besides, I'm guessing that there isn't anyone here that will say their collection is TOO large. Get some tarps if need be, but buy cheap. "Just do it!"

I'd just advertise them and who knows might sell right off.I bought a John Deere 445 awhile back with a torn down engine,stripped all the electrical off of it and repowered with a single cylinder 16HP Kohler to replace the 2 cylinder Kawa engine.So I advertised the extra parts I had from the 445, a fellow from Canada that flies into DC regularly came down and bought the parts while he was in the area, so you never know.