Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ihc_collector

Wards Squire

ihc_collector
New to this site. I collect/restore the yellow and white ones, but came across a Simplicity/Wards Squire tractor with mowing deck, unused 10-inch moldboard plow, lightly used cultivator, and lightly used, complete sickle mower. Tractor and mower have some light surface rust. The other implements were obviously always shedded. The tractor looks like a Wonder Boy 700 I've seen, but I'm guessing Simplicity also made this for Wards (and maybe others?) I'm looking for information as to whether I have something relatively rare here that I should keep, or get help determining a fair price should I sell the pieces. Any information and help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Vassal
Welcome to the club! Your in good company here, you should join up so you can share photos and get full access to the forum, it's the best Simplicity/AC value on the planet! Yes, Simplicity did make some stuff for Wards, but that' outside of my range to elaborate on. Plenty of folks here will be able to help though, so stick around and have fun!

dentwizz
I would say it's fairly rare, in that I have yet to see a gold one in person but I do know there are a few of us members that have them. Nice thing with the old one like that is a lot of the local fairs and shows limit the available years for entries and that just barely fits into it. (My 64 Simplicity LL doesn't usually :( ) The sickle is a huge score too. I have one and it is a workhorse as well as a gem to show. Well worth the typically high purchase. Welcome aboard!:D

HubbardRA
I have a 61 Wards that is the same as a Simplicity 700 except for the Wards Signature/Squire emblems on the hood. Mine was red from the factory. I think there is a Ford red that many people use on them that matches pretty closely. You should be able to find whatever parts you need to restore it.

Talntedmrgreen
Yup...not a gold, round hood machine, but a 700/725 twin with different badging. You'd really have some sharp collectors peices if the attachments have 'MW' serial number tags on them still!