Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A close match for Simplicity Orange paint

bigdog46

I have a close match paint for the Simplicity Orange used on the 80's tractors. I found it at my local Orscheln Farm Store and it is made by Van Sickle Paint. The name is Gloss J.I.Case Flambeau Red and comes in rattle cans. I used it to touch up my 7116H seat pan and running boards and it matches the original paint on the frame really well. Just some information that might be of interest to members. Thanks.

Yes Yes!! Great tip. However, this forum isn't archived. Would the operators of the forum please move this so the thread can be archived?? I hope I'm not going to offend anyone by my message.;)

Just a reminder related to Van Sickle paints, Larry (dirtsaver) had used their J.I.Case Power White to accent his 3012. You can see pics of that in his thread here: [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=105887&SearchTerms=van,sickle [/url] Van Sickle's site shows 15 colors for AC and 1 for Simplicity. Their AC Corporate Orange listing is a very close stock number (#453) to the #458 Flambeau Red that bigdog Gary used which is the same number they list for Ditch Witch Orange and White/Oliver Red applications. Their color listing is here, just click and then scroll down: [url]http://www.vansicklepaint.com/tractor/vscustomcolors.html#Simplicity[/url]