Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
csciara

Tractor id?

csciara
My tractor has an id sticker that has 871 5235 and i cant figure out what the 990xxxx number would be the tractor hood says soverien it has a vickers transmission and no motor and thats what i want to know is what motor was in it any ideas thanks in advance

csciara
Thanks you Ray, It appears it was a 16 hp briggs, do you know will the electrical wiring be the same for a 10 hp briggs i am assuming it is the same but u know what happens when you assume. Ive never run a tractor with a vickers but from what i here they are bulletproof, does it sound like its worth finding an engine? Thanks

RayS
Wiring would be the same. They are not bullet proof the pintle shaft leak on the earlier versions, like HB 212, HB 112, simplicity 3112H and 3212H. From what I have seen from the 3416H I had and pictures of other members they had the Bronze bushings on the 3400 series which seem to last alot better than the earlier models with cast iron castings only. If you have the bronze bushings on each end of the pintle shaft it should last a very long time and could easily be fixed if it ever leaked. The Vickers seems alot smother than the Sundstrand.