Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my 1st dutch grader blade

hotrodtractor

After drooling over all yours for a long time I got one. Hard to beleive at one time you guys got lucky enough to buy these for $99. I pad $250 for mine which is a lot but I got tired of looking and saw regular blades going for around $300. I wanted foot stir ups also. The hitch looks home made I think as it does not look like the ones I have seen from John. It's very beefy yet big. Still have some cleaning up to do.

found these on the site. My blade mount looks much much bigger, not sure why it's so big. I could cut it down, but it works fine. The stir ups appear to be moded also to fit the larger mount. I though the hitch itself was similar to the front dozer blade htiches with the ear hacked off. But when I compared one to the hitch on this blade the dozer was a good 6 inches longer. When angled the blade would hit the tires if the 7100 dozer hitch was used. Sorry did not snap a pic.m Maybe the dozer hitchs for a FDT are shorter? Update Phandad wrote ages ago "The pull bar hitch is basically a FDT type front blade hitch without the lift bracket";)

Kevin, I don't know if I should tell you what I paid for a Dutch blade with a John Holcomb hitch. I pick it up from Dan (Rokon2813). The whole thing came from Kirk. Lets just say it was considerable less than what you paid. Granted I don't have the foot stir ups. This also was listed in the classified. I paid less than the price of Dutch blade and hitch combined when it was originally available from Dutch and John several years ago. In fact I pick it up in New York on my way to Madison, Wisconsin last month. Sorry didn't mean to rub it in. Rick......

yes agree I have got much better prices on things....... just know the dutch blades are rather rare..because most guys want to keep em. I alsi wanted to see what I was getting. Another member her had one for me for $200 but was sight unseen. Nothing wrong with rubbing it in..... you should when you get a good price :)

Kevin, I agree Dutch blades are very rare. Can't wait to try mine out. Regardless of the price you paid, you got a good deal. Grader blades are worth their price in gold. Okay maybe that is pushing it, but they are very useful. Rick.......

I've only used my Grader Blade twice. To level a gravel drive & to level yard after septic work. It saved so much time & labor!!! I would never trade/sell it. It has earned its own keep & doesn't need much space

I just noticed something in that on the OEM blade setup the hitch is near the top of the blade. On Dutch blades there one pair of middle holes not two sets top/bottom. I question as to if simplicity had designed the hitch and blade to be near each other for better material depth carry ability. It would appear that with Dutch blade you would not have as much blade to use with out having material hitting the hitch and forcing up. Not to mention the down ward sloping angle seem off from the OEM. Maybe my shade tree welder dude that made mine knew more than I thought or just tried to duplicate the OEM more. Do you agree or am I dreaming stuff up again sm00

The holes were placed in the middle on purpose. That way you could flip the blade over. You could use it as a toothed blade and a smooth blade. I have one set-up on the rear for coarse "digging/scraping" For the fine stuff I use the OEM belly blade.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/DCP00306.JPG[/img]
I think Dutch made his rig on the rear so you could actually spin it between toothed and smooth.

I understand that it flips. I see that becuase of the serations that the mount holes needed to go in the middle. My question is why dutch blade would not have a special blade adapter that make the blade follow the factory in that the top of blade is near top of adapter. Compare the pics and you will see. Look at OEM orange blade above: the hitch and adapter are near top edge of blade. Look at mine same. Now look at the dutch blade and Holcomb hitch (black blade orange hitch) the mount is much more in the center and there is less blade below the hitch. I think the answer to my question is this: The Holcomb hitch is designed to work for both the dutch and OEM blade, but favors OEM a bit. The hitch I have in top pic only would work with the dutch blade. Remember on a OEM blade when you flip it you use the opposite holes on the dutch you flip and use the same holes.

this further drives it home that the Holcomb hitch is a OEM reproduction http://simpletractors.com/Club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=28742 and to rear mount point here is the ultimate solution http://simpletractors.com/Club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=28742