Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Heres the fleet, and making some progress!

Burntime

I finally offed some of my stuff in the garage. Got rid of a snowthrower attachment and a jd vacuum pull behind. Heres a pic of the fleet and now I can close the door on the back garage!

I am hoping to get rid of a walkbehind snowthrower or two. That will open up a little more floor space. The poor cozy cab is out in the elements!OO

Nice looking herd there! I just bought another Wonderboy rear engine rider, so the space is getting tight here as well. Wife says that when she can't get the car in the garage, I have to sell, so I am re-arranging to fit it all. I think I have it ok for this one. Sad part is I have a 12 X 18 storage out back that is full too! Steve

Well, this is the BACK garage. The front 2 car has tools and stuff in it too. I just try to keep all the big equiptment back there. Front is for chainsaws, blower, spare parts, etc... Steve, try some pallet racking. My garage would explode if there was not all the shelving!:D

My floors was packed with blowers angled every which way. Now I have something like 10 or 12 on or under the shelving and parts/tires/carbs/etc on the shelves too!

nice fleet.... now just add a few more and a blue one :) agree racking is key best investment I ever made.... well got it for free but you know.

Hey Larry, thanks. I always keep a walk behind for backup. The reality is the one time I needed it when I had broke a belt the walkbehind let me down too. Now I have the 38" 13hp beast. It should do nicely should the need arrise...

Kevin, this year I have the sovy with the cab and blower, a 23hp landlord dlx with just the blower, 64landlord with a blade if I bother, and the walk behind brute...

Yup, seen a few of those 38" walk behinds. Simplicity walk behinds are everywhere around here and they are awesome. I first got to like tools with motors, and now tools with a seat, steering, power steering.... :)

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
I've heard it said that only light weights and pansies need power steering. Sure wish I was a light weight or a Pansie.......
And your point is?:D

Honestly the power steering is just a luxury unless you run a front attachment like a snowthrower. Once you put weight up front like a 42 inch thrower it gets tight turning at a dead stop. I am thinking the cab will add to it too. For just mowing the manual steers quicker!

quote:
And your point is?
My point is, I would gladly be called a lightweight or a Pansie if I could just have me some of that thar power type steerin' 8D

You've got room to go up back there Mike! One day, when the neighbors is away, we'll tear off the roof and add a 2nd story. Think they'll notice?