Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Willy

a mongrel pup

Willy
I think my 12 HP must be a mongrel pup. I can't find a thing on it. 301431 0820 10 7202211 I tried two different parts houses and they can't find it listed. It's out of the Wards I bought,and I don't know what it came out of before that. I got the parts I needed but am curious as to what it might have been in it's other life.:D

Willy
Thanks Bob The first two places I checked that handle Briggs,said the only way I could get a pan gasket was to buy a set for 35 bucks. I found a dealer in Waterloo Ia that said he could order it. I should of just went ahead and made one. Perry The Wards has a variable Trans. I figured the salvage yard would love to have it.:D

perry
quote:
Originally posted by Willy
Perry The Wards has a variable Trans.:D
ok thanks, i figured i would ask. i had a guy in the mid west looking for a older style wards hydro trans. i got my last pan gasket from sandy lake.was not much $8-$12. i kept a good gasket and now have a good template and make my own. you should put that tractor on craigslist for cheap instead of junking it. the gas tanks are the same size as a simplicity FDT, but the fill kneck is in the wrong spot. variable drive parts/pulleys are a hot item. and hydro lift if it has it. driveshaft/gear box . good brake band is hard to find.

Chris727
Base gasket is a current part from briggs, part # 691569 and goes for around $5. Amazes me that these shops cannot lookup parts even when provided with a proper model, type, and code number. All the 9 though 16hp horizontal cast iron briggs use the same base gasket.

Willy
The first place I checked the counterman was a young kid I don't think he knew what he was doing. I'll go back and talk to the manager sometime and see if they have the info or not. Thanks to BLT I can order by part number now. I called a place in Waterloo Ia they had the parts books and ordered me a head and pan gasket 13.91 included shipping, so now I know who to call for parts. Thanks everyone for the help Willy