Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7010...3-Speed to 6-Speed Conversion Pics

GLPointon

My 7010 is my "worker". I Snowblow, Till, Mow&Vac ALOT of leaves & more with it. But 1st gear isn't slow enough for tilling/snowblowing deep snow. For years I just "rode the clutch"' Recently I bought a 6-Speed Drive from Dan L.(fellow member) who was very helpful making sure I got all the parts I needed. Before Pics:

Removed all 3 pulleys and "side frame plate", Extra jack to support BGB so other side plate doesn't twist out of alignment

New parts cleaned up a bit & painted

Tested "Bench Assembly"... (had no instructions, just diagram from web manual)

The pulleys and belt guides went on easy.

On the old setup the Brake Rod came out of the frame hole over center of BGB & pinned to clutch/brake pivot. If you look at the new 6-speed setup, the Pivot requires the Rod to come out over the right side of BGB.!#/@x%`?" Had to disconnect/remove Electric Lift Assy. to pull Brake Rod out & move it over to right side location I installed the 6-speed Shift Lever & linkage, then reinstalled Lift Assy...

The next few show it with all adjustments made (from web manual) You can see the clutch pulley "shifts" from the Low speed belt to High speed belt.

LAST step... add the 6-Speed Decals

I tried it out...1st gear in low range is slow enough for the deepest snow or the toughest till job... I Love It ! Thanks for following along, I hope it was informative

Man that looks real nice.dOddOd So lemme get this straight. The hi lo lever moves the idler pulley from one belt to the other one. And the clutch pedal..... YES!! That's real smart there!! Belt stop settings are critical as well. That would give you the six forward, and now two reverse speeds? Right? Looks a lot easier and cheaper than a HiLo pulley for the FDT crowd. I wonder how much modification I would have to do to make that work on my 2110?

Tim you got it, when you depress the clutch pedal then shift the hi/low selector. It moves the clutch/idler pulley to the correct belt...Very simple design. It does have elaborate belt guides to keep the sliding idler pulley from catching on a belt. Once adjusted properly it works Perfect (6 forward & 2 reverse speeds) I checked for you, the "6-Speed Drive" was offered on the 2110 so it should be the same conversion job as I just did... I always use whatever option was offered on a tractor: 6-speed option Variable speed option Shuttle drive option Low Speed Kit option (all these options will "slow" you enough to Till/Snowblow deep snow.) Before I got the 6-speed setup I bought a large "Driven Pulley" to use as a "Low Speed Kit" (another option offered by OEM) It worked ok but didnt like changing pulleys 3 or 4 times a yr...I have a pic of this if anyones interested
quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Man that looks real nice.dOddOd So lemme get this straight. The hi lo lever moves the idler pulley from one belt to the other one. And the clutch pedal..... YES!! That's real smart there!! Belt stop settings are critical as well. That would give you the six forward, and now two reverse speeds? Right? Looks a lot easier and cheaper than a HiLo pulley for the FDT crowd. I wonder how much modification I would have to do to make that work on my 2110?

That's what I'm doing right now Greg. I have the 8" driven pulley on the tractor and it's just a tick too fast for tilling. However, I'm concerned that if I go to a 10" pulley, then the tractor will be too slow for pulling my plow. So what diameter is the large pulley??

I have an 8" & 9" Low Speed Pulley. The 8" a bit fast for tilling but way to slow to mow even in 3rd gear. 9" ok for tilling...I didn't like changing pulleys/belts so often w/either one. 6-Speed Kit was the answer!!! This uses a larger driven pulley and a smaller drive pulley, then opposite for high speed
quote:
Originally posted by timflury
That's what I'm doing right now Greg. I have the 8" driven pulley on the tractor and it's just a tick too fast for tilling. However, I'm concerned that if I go to a 10" pulley, then the tractor will be too slow for pulling my plow. So what diameter is the large pulley??