Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Power angle on Sovereign?

tractornut

Any ideas for a clean way to setup a power angle cylinder on a late model Sovereign? I've got a cub 1861 im parting out and thinking of using the lift cylinder for power angle when I get a blade. Wheres the best place to tie a valve and lines in to run the cylinder? Oh and will that cylinder work alright? I don't have a clue haha, just kicking around some ideas to use up spare parts.

To use any extra hydraulics on a Sundstrand transmission you must have hydraulic lift or do the modifications and add the lift. It's your choice as to which valve you use and how many functions you want to perform. Just remember that the small pump will only do so much and at near 700 psi. The angle cylinder will have to be large enough in displacement to hold the blade in place against how much the tractor has traction to push.

Mind you, I'm pretty new to these tractors, but this is how I see it. The sovs don't have a second hydro lift circuit, so at the very least you'd need to plumb in some sort of splitter for the hardlines between the pump and the control valve, and then find a location for the second control valve, and then route the lines from that valve to the front, and then figure out some sort of quick-attach system for the cylinder... and then figure out where and how to attach the cylinder to the blade and the carrier. In other words, it's a cinch. :-)

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
Still think we can find an electronic actuator that would stand up to it. Be a heck of a lot easier.
Sears Suburban electric rear 3 point should do it.....

Yeah there isnt much room to put another control valve on the tractor. It might take some creativity but I think it can be done. I'll fill you all in if I do this setup.