Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fall is in the air!

Burntime

nice Mike way to rub in that you have a rear ball hitch......:drl looks good with those wider tires on there. Glad to see you putting that new sovy to work

This weekend is chimney cleaning time. Supposed to be in the mid 40's tonight and Friday nights. Still a little early to bring wood up to the house though. But Soon :D This year I am going to experiment with wood fuel bricks. Compressed hardwood chips and sawdust. They make them up the road. More expensive than pellets, but burn in a regular stove. Maybe this way when it snows I will not have to slip and slide on my hills to keep the furnace from running.

Kevin, those are the stock. I have not used the new sovy enough to play yet. I think I just hit 8 hours. I will not have time to change the offset on the jd ags so will use chains one more year. Yep Greg, I did my last cleaning in January and usually do it at the begining and halfway just to check thing are working right. I end up with a cup of ash at best so its doing good... Maintanience whether tractors or chimneys is always important!dOd

I have been in this house for ten years. As long as I burn dry good stuff I can get away with one cleaning a year. If I burn junk wood, I need two. Mine is an outside wall chimney from a basement fireplace with an insert. I might accumulate less if I burned all the time. I burn in the evenings and all thru the weekend. When the temps go up and down the creasote builds up more.

Mine is right thru the middle with an insert and a block off plate. I also insulated my liner. I have a hampton HI300 insert. http://www.regency-fire.com/Products/Hampton-Wood---Gas/Cast-Iron-Stoves,-Fireplaces---Inserts/HI300.aspx It is something like 75000 btu so it does well. I also have it in timberline brown. I can imitate the bahamas in Wisconsin in January!:D Al;l my wood seasons a year at least. Sometimes 2!

Can that Sovereign and trailer make it from New Berlin to Oconomowoc? That load looks like it will stack quite nicely in my wood bin. I'll even buy ya a beer (if you stack it too). That's the kinda guy that I am, just willing to give away barley pops for those in need. :D:D

sucky part is at this new house we have hundreds of acres of woods (not mine but can clear wood from it) but I have no wood burner. My old house we had two fire places a insert and wood furnace... miss it.

Stacked up my supply by the house. I stack a cord and 2 face cord up by the house. Just need to tarp it and I am ready for the start of winter. It has gotten into the 30's here the last few days. I just run my furnace when its just a little chilly. 75000btus will cook you out if its not needed.

This was me last year splitting, sitting down on the job. I have not got the Cub and splitter from the Father in-law yet this year. Its on the list ^
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/small split.jpg[/img]

I drug my splitter out of the shed yesterday and up to the wood pile and got it oiled, greased, primed & running. The plan is to start splitting an hour each night after work till the pile is done.

This is how we spend our winter. This is a stack of 8' logs 21 full cord on average. We have a 200,000 btu outdoor boiler that heats the house shop and domestic water.

cut split and haul.

I hope to ease that some this winter. Next week I am having closed foam insulation pumped into the walls of this drafty old barn.

Very nice! My insert is picky, I need dry wood or the heat output is greatly reduced. Your outdoor woodburner is draft induced. You will go thru a lot more if not dry but have the luxury of the draft fan to create the heat! I wanted to put one of those in but the city I live in requires it to be 50ft from anything including its fuel source...

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
Very nice! My insert is picky, I need dry wood or the heat output is greatly reduced. Your outdoor woodburner is draft induced. You will go thru a lot more if not dry but have the luxury of the draft fan to create the heat! I wanted to put one of those in but the city I live in requires it to be 50ft from anything including its fuel source...
The boiler is actually pretty efficient for what it is. The real problem is that I'm heating 6,000 sq ft of house built in the early 1820's. Hopefully the new insulation will cut down on the draft.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• SmilinSam
    • Bill725
    • Ronald Hribar
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts