Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

712s couple ?'s!

FordManiac909

bought a AC 712 Shuttle two days ago. guy that i bought it from was turning it into a pulling tractor with his dad. engine completly rebuilt along with transmission. sat in a barn for 3 years then he pulled it out and sold it to me for 75 bucks! just the tractor no deck or any other atachments. i had a snow blad given to me by a friend and today i modified it to fit the AC. now when i went to get it running it has no spark at all. i figured ok coil is shot so went to autozone and bought another one, still no spark. i noticed this tractor looks to have 3 seperate saftey switches(rear end, mowing deck, and another that i dont know what it was for as it was looped around to pass back to itself). now i see the purple wire running to all three switches and the blue back to the solenoid. whe purple wire has been clipped and jumped straight to the solenoid were the blue wire goes. does this bypass all the saftey switches correctly so it will still run? could this be a reason why i have no spark?? i called a friend and he said another thing could be the points but i pulled the cover off of them and they are brand new but im not sure if they are adjusted correctly???? can someone tell me what wires go were because im going to rip all of this junk wiring off and redo all of it CORRECTLY! any info can help and ill greatly appriciate it! last but not least i know the shuttle is a semi-auto tranny how exactly does it work? i knnnow the forward-nuetral-reverse action is clutchless but how about switching gears from 1st all the way through 4th? does that need to be done with the clutch. i kinda hope not because my brake/clutch pedal is frozen stiff. again people thanks with the help/advice i appriciate it![/b]

First WELCOME Second watch the racial comments not allowed on here. If the safety switches are looped they will bypass there self, the 3rd safety switch in on the gear shift handle, and yes the point will corrode after setting for a time just file them and reset them at .025. Yes you have to clutch when shifting gears, but not using the shuttle.

thanks for the help and i will try this see if it helps. sorry for the racial shlurr i changed it sorry! does anyone know were i can find a wiring diagram for this tractor so i can redo the wiring in it.

If the shuttle is adjusted properly, you can shift the transmission with the shuttle lever in neutral without pushing the clutch. I would sure want to have the brake woeking though. :)

thats what i thought about shifting but im deffinatly going to try to get the brake working granted all i have this tractor for is plowing snow so when i pull it out of gear the snow will stop the tractor but still if i end up using it for moving stuff around the farm the brakes will be a big help. another ? i had was does anyone know were i can get the directions for adjusting the trans? ive saw a couple people talk about how precise you have to have the rear ends so they work perfectly and i dont wannna mess it up if it needs adjusted. thanks again for all the help!