Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Boney

Johnny Bucket Snow Removal

sbull78
when we had 16inches of snow here last year i used mine to haul it all away across the road..it worked great..i took some plywood and made the bucket about 2 times the size so i could haul double the snow...it worked perfectly!!it was a jb sr. on a big green tractor...

HubbardRA
A bucket is a slow process for removing snow. You fill up the bucket, then have to dump it someplace. I used the bucket on my EF1D two years ago when we got 21 inches in one storm. It works fine, but is a slow process. After that I got my blade hooked up on the 716H. We then had an 8 inch snow and the blade worked great in that. I hope to get time to set up a snowblower before we get any snow this winter.

GregB
As you can see below I have used the bucket for snow removal. Not really enough lift to be effective at piling up after moving the snow. I did trip the bucket, and ride it as a blade like the skid steer guys do to scrape the packed snow off the driveway.