Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Hydro Line Replacement, Brake line?

I need to replace my hydro lift lines. I took the cylinder out to put a hole and cotter pin through it so it will stop popping off and noticed the lines look really rough. I dont want to put them back in. Can I get some brake line from the auto store to make my own lines? If not anyone have any ideas on places I can check locally that may have usable lines?

RayS
What model tractor is it for? If the older B series type, I had mine made at NAPA. Take old hoses to them and they will make for around $50.00. The clylinder moves, ridge brake line isn`t meant for that. It will brake.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
What model tractor is it for? If the older B series type, I had mine made at NAPA. Take old hoses to them and they will make for around $50.00. The clylinder moves, ridge brake line isn`t meant for that. It will brake.
Its a 2210, NAPA is closed on Sundays :( How long did it take for them to make them?

RayS
We have a machine at work as well. The WeatherHead fittings 6 or 7 years ago at NAPA were $10.00 each then now the cheap Chinese junk cost the same or more through MSC plus shipping. The hose is exspensive as well. Be glad it isn`t 6 power steering hoses for a Sovereign. Those are between $250 - $300 depending on where you get them.