Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

old 7016 what to do with it?

dave7016

I have 2. 1 is going to be sold with a deck and a blower but the other I have no clue what to do with it. Sell it cheap or part it out? Who on here has parted one out and is the work worth it? Now that I have 2 with 17hp kohlers my 2 7016's must go.

Hmmm see the thing is you end up with all these parts that no one wants that never wear out, like the running boards, front axle, frame etc. The engine will go fast as someone always needs a replacement, but everything else could take a bit, I should know as I have more spare parts taking up space in my garage than I know what to do with, I suppose I COULD throw them all out, but I know that to be sacrilegde besides as soon as I do that, myself or someone else will need it! LMAO!

Ron to be honest I hate the 16hp briggs. Noisey loud and doesn't have the power of the kohler twin. When the kohlers die and they will I'll convert to a briggs twin. A good friend is a designer there and can get engines cheap. Nice to have that conection once in awhile...just got a refurb 5500/8500 generator for $350!!!!

As far as the running boards go, I've got this plan to convert all my tractors to the old style running boards on the 3310, which I think are the same as on the 7016. For me, they're more slip resistant. Also, I've got this idea about "standarization". So I'm interested in those, if you're parting out. But if it's a good strong working tractor, I'd say sell it as is.