Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7117 part out or repower

hotrodtractor

Owned many of sovereigns and such but never a "7117". There is now one sitting in the garage. The kohler 17 gave it up to a hole in the block. Love the hydro lever cover and lifted that for my newer models as it does not crush the knuckles. Kinda cool to see a 1983 machine.... look so good. I have a command 18 transplant for it but thinking I may get more $$ if I part it out. A new sovereign hood could give her the face lift and make her look years younger. I estimate with a command new hood, 48" deck I could pull $1750 tops for it. I calculate the following value for parts Command: $750 Command muffler: $100 BGB: $200 Rear end: $200 Hydro: $100 KT rubber coupler: $75 KT muffler: $50 Steering parts: $75 Floor boards: $50 Misc parts: $100 48 nice Deck: $300 Total: $2000 Hmmmm she appears worth more dead than alive, and that's not will all the little nickle dime parts. Not to mention I prefer to keep the deck, and rear end/hydro. I hate to kill a good machine. Do my estimate seem reasonable........ they are from what I have seen in these parts? br]

The older tractors are generally worth more dead than alive, but if you have work for them... worth a lot. Here a nice CH-18 would sell for $800 maybe, a complete running 7117 with original KT and deck would be tough to get $600 for.

I updated some of the prices...
quote:
Originally posted by hotrodtractor
Owned many of sovereigns and such but never a "7117". There is now one sitting in the garage. The kohler 17 gave it up to a hole in the block. Love the hydro lever cover and lifted that for my newer models as it does not crush the knuckles. Kinda cool to see a 1983 machine.... look so good. I have a command 18 transplant for it but thinking I may get more $$ if I part it out. A new sovereign hood could give her the face lift and make her look years younger. I estimate with a command new hood, 48" deck I could pull $1750 tops for it. I calculate the following value for parts Command: $750 Command muffler: $100 125 BGB: $200 125-300 Rear end: $200 75 Hydro: $100 100 KT rubber coupler: $75 25 KT muffler: $50 50 Steering parts: $75 25 steering wheel Floor boards: $50 0 Misc parts: $100 48 nice Deck: $300 300 Total: $2000 1450-1650 Hmmmm she appears worth more dead than alive, and that's not will all the little nickle dime parts. Not to mention I prefer to keep the deck, and rear end/hydro. I hate to kill a good machine. Do my estimate seem reasonable........ they are from what I have seen in these parts? br][img]/Club2/attach/hotrodtractor/3ne3k93p65Y25X35S4b9f50b52b909bf016c2.jpg[/img]

[img]/Club2/attach/hotrodtractor/3mf3o23pa5V35P65S4b9fcef58f1ed53417ff.jpg[/img]

it's sad that a great machine is worth more dead than alive.... just shocking to me. Just does not seem to make sense. This is not new to many of you on here, but for me I have never parted one out. I always fix them then sell them. I am getting to the point where I would like to have some spare parts for my own stash........... so I guess that time is now.

I couldnt ever even give the tinwork away from an RBT. Just scrapped several hoods, seat decks and a whole pile of runnig boards in the last few months while cleaning up here:O Things I have had (used to have)good sale results wih on the RBT's are KT engine parts and engines that run, PTO setups( especially good caps), complete transmissions, and or good working pump/motor assemblies, front wheels, steering wheels, Steering gear/columns, and good seats. Looks like a 71-73 Mustang sitting there. I used to have a 73 Mach 1 at one time long ago..