Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

big front wheels

hotrodtractor

Those front tires look like 21x11x8 tires. He may have just widened the front wheels to make those tires fit. The rear tires look like 23x10.5x12. They appear to be slightly larger in diameter but a little smaller in width.

Its been listed for at least 5 months. It is cool but not practical. The plow and snowthrower are probably not as wide as the tires. He does get a big thumbs up for the cool factor though!dOddOddOd

quote:
Originally posted by JJ MARSHALL
IS not the rear tire tread backward ? JJ
Yes it is. And, the fronts are also backward, if you follow the manufacturer's suggestions for a "non-powered" wheel. If the fronts are installed like the rears on this one, the end of the lugs bite first, significantly improving the steering in loose dirt... It does look a bit weird to have the fronts and rears mounted differently, as you can see in this pic...

quote:
Originally posted by country
That would be something if it were 4wd.
Just to get your gears turning...I know its the wrong color, but you have to appreciate the talent and skill to create something like this. Apparently the front axle is from a golf cart. [IMG]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af355/Iluvtruks0/4x420original1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af355/Iluvtruks0/4x420original2.jpg[/IMG]