Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-series Speed Jack

Chris727

I picked up a Speed Jack about a year ago. The owner did not recall whether there was any kind of a tensioner or clutch for this implement. All I have is the portion visible in the picture, it pins onto the rear hitch and the rear lift. This is basically a more basic version of the 540 PTO attachment and was made by cizek manufacturing. http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/speed_jack.htm The description above suggests that the tractor clutch is used to disengage the jack but since the BGB is a live PTO, merely pressing the foot clutch will not disengage the unit. I'm also unsure how you keep tension on the belt. The way that it hangs I can't see the tiller PTO pulleys being used either. Kind of a mystery as there is no parts breakdown available. Any info is appreciated.

Brandon, it crossed my mind that it could be used to tension it, but then I tend to wonder what would keep the belt from just flying off when loosened. I found a new phone # for Cizek Mfg and will give them a call tomorrow. It seems BruceF and Dutch each had one of these units but as far as I can tell no one has ever posted about using one. Thank You. Chris

Tensioner pulley could mount on end of clutch/brake pivot arm near the return spring, to tension long belt from BGB pulley to Speed Jack pulley ??? thats all I can think of, as you said BGB is live Good luck, Nice rare find

quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
Tensioner pulley could mount on end of clutch/brake pivot arm near the return spring, to tension long belt from BGB pulley to Speed Jack pulley ??? thats all I can think of, as you said BGB is live Good luck, Nice rare find
Hadn't thought of that. This setup seems pretty crude. I called and Cizek's phone number is no longer in service. Looks like I'll just have to keep looking.

Might they be speaking of the PTO engagement, or I think it is called a mule drive for mower deck? In other words the lever to engage the deck would be used? Just a thought.

Is this the # you called?? I think they had some tornado damage earlier this year,I don't know how bad it was but that might be why you can't reach them. Cizek Manufacturing 315 Front St Clutier, IA 52217 (319) 479-2232

quote:
Originally posted by Willy
Is this the # you called?? I think they had some tornado damage earlier this year,I don't know how bad it was but that might be why you can't reach them. Cizek Manufacturing 315 Front St Clutier, IA 52217 (319) 479-2232
Same thing comes up on a Google search. http://www.manta.com/c/mm2czkw/cizek-manufacturing